Basics of learning the piano (The skeletal structure).



Piano is one of the most interesting instruments I've ever played, and I'll like to share my own personal experience on how I started as a pianist.

What matters most is "how you started" if you start learning with the right means of learning, you'll grow to become a very good and well respected pianist. I'll just give an overview of how I started and how you must start.

  1. STUDY THE BASIC PIANO TERMS.

 The way I started: I started learning how to play the piano the very first time without even knowing some basic terms about the piano e.g. meaning of chord, tone, octave, semitone, pitch, key e.t.c.

 How you must start: In order to make things work together for your good, you'll need to know Learn about some of the piano basic terms so that when you start learning, some of those terms won't be like jargons to you anymore. Learn series of piano terms and get yourself prepared for the job before proceeding to the next step.

 2.LEARNING HOW TO IDENTIFY ALL THE KEYS ON THE PIANO.

 The way I started: I was not able to perfectly identify all the keys on the piano and why some of them are called that name until when I started playing the piano little by little.

 How you must start: What to do next after knowing the basic piano terms, is learning and memorizing the names of  all the keys on the piano and why some of them are called that name. Memorize the names of all the keys until you can identify and give the correct name of any piano key at a glance before moving the next step.

 3. START LEARNING HOW TO RUN DIFFERENT TYPES OF SCALES WITH THE RIGHT FINGERING ON ALL THE KEYS.

The way I started: When i started learning, i was later challenged by a friend who had been playing the piano for a long time that i should learn how to run the major scales on all the piano keys for a start before going into all other types of scales so i went into the job of learning how to run the major scales on all the piano keys using the formula T T S T T T S.

The way you must start: For you to be able to play on all the piano keys, you must learn how to run the scales on all the piano keys. So, i'll recommend learning how to run the major scales on all the keys and probably other scales too.

4. LEARN HOW TO CONSTRUCT AND USE CHORDS.

The way i started: After i learnt how to run the scales on all the keys, i now started constructing different types of chords on the piano on my convenient key (C & C#). I didn't stop at key C and C#, i continued learning how to form chords with all other keys but i key C and C# are my favourite.

The way you must start: Well, as a matter of fact, chords are very essential tool which cannot be done without. You have to learn how to construct different types of chords on your favourite key and on all other keys so that you can be able to play any key.

5. START SCORING SONGS.

The way i started: Part of what helped me the most was "scoring of different types of songs on the original key the song was sang". Through this, i was able to learn how to play on virtually all the keys fluently.

The way you must start: In the quest of becoming a good pianist, you must learn from the work other great pianists have done on the piano. For you to do this, there are different ways which are:
1. Scoring of songs they played to.
2. Downloading of their tutorial videos.
3. Downloading their books.
4. Visiting their website (If available)
5. Meeting them one-on-one (If you're privileged of meeting them face-to-face).

I believe that after you've gone through this five steps faithfully, you should have a testimony to share!!

Please let us know of other ways you can start as a learner in the comment box. 
thanks.
SHARE

Unknown

  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

1 comments:

  1. For me, i love sharing my ideas. so if you want me to continue, let me know from your comments...

    ReplyDelete